When it comes to motortrade insurance there are different types and levels of cover. The three main types available are:

  • Road risk only motor trade insurance
  • Liability motor trader insurance
  • Combined motor trade insurance

Road risk only is a very simple offering whereas motor trade combined is the most complex type of traders car insurance cover available.

If your priority is to get cheap traders insurance then third party road risk is typically the cheapest (as it is with private insurance.) There are several ways to reduce your premium but as a minimum you should consider road risk insurance to meet the Road Traffic Act requirements. This section will discuss all the elements available within motor trade insurance to help you decide which are appropriate for your business.